The Trick To Getting Rid Of Mice In Your Virginia Beach Home
March 19, 2021 - Mice
A person’s likelihood to adopt a pet mouse is often connected to whether or not they have ever dealt with an infestation of these rodents inside their home. Is this true for you? Can you remember a time that mice took over your living areas causing trouble with their late-night scuffles and destructive tendencies? Maybe you just recently spotted a mouse inside your home and are looking for a way to get it out. Regardless of what your current situation is, here are a few things you should know about mice and some practical ways to handle pests around your Virginia Beach property.
Some Facts About Mice
On a surface level, mice are not complicated pests. They eat the same food humans eat. They chew on things constantly to keep their teeth filed down to a reasonable length. They use their small bodies to squeeze through gaps and openings. To take things further than surface level, here are some lesser-known facts about mice you should know.
- Mice eat between 15 and 20 times a day.
- Mice are dexterous and are good at jumping, climbing, swimming, and running.
- A single mouse produces over 40 pellets of fecal matter every day.
- Mice rely on their sense of smell, touch, and hearing just as much as their sight to get around.
- Mice will instinctively travel along the edges of walls when traveling throughout homes.
- Mice are naturally explorative pests.
- Mice are shy by nature and actively avoid coming in contact with humans.
Why Mice Invade Homes
One fact about mice we didn’t mention is that these pests are hyper-intelligent. Although not capable of looking at your home and knowing what is inside, mice understand the values a home provides after coming inside. Once they find spaces to hide (and then nest within your walls), food in your pantries and living areas, and moisture sources to drink from, they will not want to go back outside.
Twelve Practical Ways To Prevent Mice
When it comes to preventing mice, limiting their access is key. What are you limiting their access to? Food, water, shelter, and ways to get inside. To help you prevent these furry pests around your Virginia Beach home, try these twelve practical tips.
- Reduce clutter and eliminate debris around your yard.
- Organize and tidy up storage areas.
- Fill in gaps and cracks around your home’s exterior foundation using a caulking gun and some steel wool.
- Install door sweeps under exterior doors.
- Repair damage to window/door screens around your home.
- Install metal screens over exterior vents and downspouts for gutters.
- Clean your kitchen, dining room, and other rooms you eat in thoroughly once a week.
- Pick up food messes and drink spills as they occur.
- Wash out your pet’s food and water bowls each night before going to bed.
- Fix leaky piping and fixtures inside your home.
- Make sure your trash cans have tight-fitting lids.
- Store food properly inside airtight metal, glass, or thick plastic containers.
What To Do If Mice Invade
If you are here today seeking a solution to your home’s mouse problems, we have your solution. At Mosquito Elite Pest Control, we offer comprehensive services to remove mice from area homes. Using advanced equipment and modern pest control techniques, we are able to track rodent infestations and handle them from their source. We also offer detailed rodent exclusion services for homeowners looking to keep their living areas rodent-free, year-round.
Call us today to find a pest control option that best suits your home and find out why Mosquito Elite Pest Control is right for your Virginia Beach property.
Superior customer service and a genuine care for the customer. These guys are awesome they will take care of all your pest